5 Must Experiences in Exquisite Sumba Island of Indonesia
Published by Sugar & Cream, Wednesday 13 September 2017
The Magnificent of Sumba Island
Name of Sumba island is spread rapidly. It becomes more well-known because more people starts to discover its superb pure nature, rich culture and super gorgeous Tenun Ikat. Experiencing them by ourselves creates a different essence. There are lots of things there that could not be described by words, they have to be touched by feeling. Based on my recent trip in August to Sumba Island, countlessly breathtaking experiences could not be mentioned one by one. Nonetheless, I would share 5 wonderful things.
Numerous interesting to-do lists are available there. Here are five essential things amongst them :
1. Pampering our eyes with beautiful Tenun Ikat Sumba at Haumara Village, East Sumba. Ensure to visit the new woven house named Hammu Hori. Tenun Ikat Sumba has just recently been declared by Indonesian Government as the Intangible Cultural Heritage.
2. Enjoying memorable sunrise on top of Roka Bandil Hills, East Sumba. Warinding hills are amazing, yet these hills which are located at the back of Haumara Village are magnificent.
3. Experiencing breathtaking view at Ratenggaro village and beach, Southwest Sumba
4. Dipping and releasing the heat at Weekuri Lake, Southwest Sumba.
5. Visiting Sumba Cultural Research and Conservation Institute, West Sumba, to get more information about Sumba Culture and stand on the ‘C’ letter at the middle of the lawn or museum. C means ‘Cinta‘(Love). Father Robert, the initiator of the institute, said by standing on the C letter, it will make us in love with Sumba and will keep going back there again.
Those experiences will be attached in the heart forever and make people willing to go back again. Ensure your next destination would include Sumba Island.
Roka Bandil Hills
Roka Bandil Hills. A moment with some interior designers and architects, suppliers from Jakarta. Photography by Chiquita
Ratenggaro village. Photography by Hafiz
Weekuri Lake. Photography by Ippiet
Sketsa Sumba of Cultural Research Institute by interior designer Rudy Dodo
Rumah budaya. Photography by architect Paskal
Rumah budaya. A moment with the big group of interior designers, architects, travel enthusiasts and Sumba lovers. Photography by architect Budi Surachmat
Dior's Men Ski Capsule by Kim Jones
The Premiere of Dior’s Men Ski Capsule by Kim Jones. The collection that you may want to purchase instantly regardless of the season.read more
SAMSUNG Galaxy Z Fold2 : Mengubah Bentuk Masa Depan
Samsung Electronics Indonesia memperkenalkan edisi layar lipat kedua yaitu Galaxy Z Fold2. Siap mengubah bentuk masa depan dengan layar lipat yang tak...read more
Gamfratesi for Gubi : Sejour & Flaneur Collection
Gubi X Gamfratesi welcoming future classics dengan dua kreasi terbaru yaitu lounge chair Sejour dan sofa Flaneur. Kesederhanaan bentuk berkesan minimal...read more
Titik Dua Ubud, A Compact Boutique Hotel by Andra Matin
Titik Dua Ubud, a compact boutique hotel by Andra Matin. A must-visit boutique hotel for design dan architecture enthusiast.read more
Microlibrary Warak Kayu by SHAU Indonesia
Microlibrary Warak Kayu karya SHAU Indonesia, perpustakaan mini di Semarang yang memenangkan Architizer A+Awards Popular Choice 2020 kategori Libraries.read more
Raya Heritage: Fusion of Tradition & Contemporary Style.
Inspired by the artistry and craftsmanship of the Lanna Kingdom, Raya Heritage designed by renowned Thai architect Boonlert Hemvijitraphan.read more
Unik dan dinamisnya rancangan arsitektur Rumah Palem, karya arsitek Andra Matin tidak lepas dari diplomasi dengan keberadaan posisi pohon palem yang...read more
The Genius Loci of Alex Bayusaputro
Designer Alex Bayusaputro, the winner of the Designetal Design & Architecture 2014 award in London is always on the move with his design as well as his...read more
Andreas Zhu Salon & Beauty Lounge Whimsical Affection
Terinspirasi dari keindahan kota Paris membuat salon baru milik make up artist ibukota ternama, Andreas Zhu, menjadi ruang pesona eksklusif.read more