ITALIANBARK UNVEILS COLOR TRENDS FOR 2024 AT MAISON&OBJET
Published by Sugar & Cream, Monday 16 October 2023
Images courtesy of Italianbark
The Captivating Color Schemes For 2024: Iridescent & Gradients, Red & Pink, Pastels & Bold, High Contrast Color Schemes, Viridian & Petrol.
Elisabetta Rizzato, the creative force behind ITALIANBARK, recently attended the prestigious Maison&Objet tradeshow in Paris and Paris Design Week with her discerning eye for design and an unparalleled sense of color trends. During her visit, Elisabetta Rizzato shared her insights into the exciting color trends that will shape the world of interiors for 2024.
Paris, renowned as an everlasting source of inspiration for design enthusiasts, proved to be an ideal backdrop to explore the latest trends in colors and decor. In her latest blog post, Rizzato delves into the captivating color schemes and effects that caught her attention at Maison&Objet. She underscores prominent color trends for 2024:
1. Iridescent & Gradients: Observing the rising prevalence of dynamic color effects in interiors and design, Rizzato attributes this trend to the influence of the phygital macro trend and the introduction of innovative materials and color palettes. This shift is marked by a profusion of transparencies and vibrant glass, creating a striking departure from the subdued wabi-sabi aesthetic of preceding years.
Iridescent & Gradients
2. Red & Pink: Despite being an unconventional color combination, pairing red and pink was a recurring theme in Paris, showcasing its versatility when selected thoughtfully. This combination, when well-executed, exudes balance and charm.
Presented by Melandas Indonesia
3. High Contrast Color Schemes: Pattern Factory by Elizabeth Leriche showcased exhibitions rich in colors and inspirations, particularly emphasizing high-contrast color schemes. Bold combinations like black and white, striking orange, blues, greens, and rich patterns pay homage to the vibrant hues of the late ’70s and ’80s.
High Contrast Color Schemes
4. Pastels & Bold: Rizzato highlights the return of pastel colors, which she had previously coined as “digital pastels” in her trend webinar. These softer colors are now paired with bolder shades, creating a dreamy and surrealist mood that retains playfulness while embracing subtlety.
Pastels & Bold
5. Viridian & Petrol: Rizzato‘s favorite from Paris Design Week and Maison&Objet was a color between green and teal, petrol blue-viridian. This elegant and refined color palette, reminiscent of the ocean, left a lasting impression and is expected to find its way into interior design trends for 2024.
Viridian & Petrol
45 SANTA'S SWEET TREAT IDEAS FOR SWEET TOOTH THIS CHRISTMAS!
Excerpt: S&C is welcome to a festive and fun gift-giving experience with a variety of sweet desserts to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year!read more
EHB (CHEF ESBEN HOLMBOE BANG), SHANGHAI BY CHRIS SHAO STUDIO
EHB (chef Esben Holmboe Bang) located in Shanghai’s French Concession district. is a three-story high-end restaurant by Chris Shao Studio.read more
REDDUO PRESENTS “SLEEP ON IT”
REdDUO (founded by Fabiola di Virgilio and Andrea Rosso) presents “SLEEP ON IT”, a collection of chic homeware outfits to wear for any occasion,...read more
THE LOOP RESIDENCES BY ALEXIS DORNIER
Architect Alexis Dornier presents "The Loop Residence," a stunning spiral sculpture house with a figure 8 urges people to embrace a free-spirited way of...read more
antoniolupi – FOCE BY NEVIO TELLATIN
Meet FOCE designed by Nevio Tellatin for antoniolupi, a wall drain for floor-level showers to allow the floor covering without the interruption.read more
MAISON&OBJET – MATHIEU LEHANNEUR, DESIGNER OF THE YEAR 2024
Mathieu Lehanneur named Designer of the Year by Maison&Objet for its January 2024 sessionread more
A Spellbinding Dwelling
Rumah milik desainer fashion Sally Koeswanto, The Dharmawangsa kreasi dari Alex Bayusaputro meraih penghargaan prestisius Silver A’ Design Award 2017.read more
Thomas Elliott, Translating the Dreams of Spaces and Shapes
Selama hampir seperempat abad tinggal di Indonesia, simak perbincangan dengan arsitek dan desainer Thomas Elliott.read more
Best Of Both Worlds
Ramuan eklektik dalam nuansa kontemporer rumah di Menteng adalah karya terbaru dari interior desainer Alex Bayusaputro.read more